Downtown Raleigh Alliance
Director of Events
Reports to: President and CEO
Status: Full Time, Exempt
- The principal responsibility of this position is to lead, plan, execute, measure, and align the impact of the indoor and outdoor events so that it directly supports the successful implementation of the overall mission of the organization. The current mission to continue the revitalization of Raleigh’s downtown by enhancing its quality of life and contributing to its economic success. Currently (but not limited to) the Director of Events has overall responsibility for the following events:
- Raleigh Downtown Farmers Market
- Raleigh Winterfest
- Raleigh Outdoor Movie Series
- Music on Market Series
- Annual Awards Dinner
- State of Downtown
• Works in partnership with the Director of Marketing who will develop a marketing plan that creates consistent messaging in the communications plan for all events.
• Works in partnership with the Sr. Director of Business Development who will oversee the fulfillment of the corporate sponsors supporting the organization’s events.
• Maintains and secures all outdoor event equipment and supplies belonging to the DRA, repairing tents and other non-expendable gear on a recurring basis.
• Other duties as assigned
• Two-year college degree and minimum of five-years of experience in similar position; bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Strong sense of customer service.
• Excellent communications skills, both writing and oral
• Good knowledge of social media
• Excellent skills with Microsoft Office software, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Excellent organizational skills
• Technically skilled with stage and sound equipment
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.