Downtown Raleigh Alliance
Director of Business Development
Department: Fundraising, Membership, Merchant Relations
Reports to: President and CEO
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Serves as direct contact for DRA members, sponsors, merchant program participants, and membership/corporate sponsorship prospects for the development and retention of DRA membership and corporate sponsorship relations. Works with President and CEO to set and achieve financial goals through sponsorship and membership initiatives.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Fundraising and Sponsor Relations
- Work with President & CEO to set sponsorship goals for each program and the organization
- Create and implement fundraising plan for each program and organization
- Secure funding from renewing sponsors and seek new sponsors
- Manage invoicing and thank you process, while ensuring all sponsor benefits are received
- Meet with past sponsors to ensure relationship is in good standing and pitch other sponsorship opportunities
- Meet with prospective sponsors to provide an overview of opportunities and secure funds
- Member Relations and Development
- Develop and implement membership sales and retention strategy to sustain and grow membership and achieve financial targets
- Schedule meetings with new businesses for purpose of making them members
- All other duties as assigned
Interested parties should send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.