Downtown Raleigh Alliance Membership
Join the DRA
We’re a nonprofit helping to build and promote a healthy, vibrant, and safe downtown. Our members include more than 400 businesses, nonprofits, residents and downtown galleries, retailers, and restaurants.
While our members join the Downtown Raleigh Alliance for different reasons, they all share a love of downtown, a desire to help shape our city, and be a part of a strong network of downtown advocates. DRA membership gives you access, education, and opportunity – access to information and downtown leaders, and opportunities to network and expand your business.
Through a variety of networking and educational opportunities, DRA members stay in the know on issues pertinent to downtown Raleigh. Additionally, DRA members gain valuable exposure through marketing initiatives and inclusion in special events.
As a DRA member, you may:
- Share business news, events, or specials in monthly e-newsletters to the DRA member list (distribution of 1,400) and consumer list (distribution of 8,500)
- Craft one email per year that is distributed to DRA member list (distribution of 1,400) with your messaging and images
- Gain exposure through social media postings on DRA Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts
- Attend annual DRA events including State of Downtown in April and Annual Meeting in February
- Join other downtown advocates and investors in member-only downtown tours including insider development tours
- Learn about downtown news and topics and meet other members through member-only quarterly business breakfasts**
- Participate in the annual Downtown Raleigh Restaurant Week in August for restauranteur members
- List specials on Shop Downtown website for retailers and participate in retailer member-only events and promotions such as regular gift-guides and retailer workshops
- Post events on the DRA’s main calendar
- Receive advocacy by DRA
- Be listed as a member on the DRA’s website
Membership Annual Rates*
1-8 employees / $184
9-40 employees / $394
41-75 employees / $446
76-200 employees / $552
201+ employees / $552 + $3 for each employee over 200, maximum rate of $1,000
Restaurants and Retailers^
1-8 employees / $184
9-40 employees / $289
41-75 employees / $368
76-200 employees / $447
201+ employees / $447 + $3 for each employee over 200, maximum rate of $1,000
Non-profits, Arts & Culture, Education / $158
DRA membership is billed on the calendar year January – December. For new members joining during the calendar year, membership will be prorated.
*Membership structure and rates will be updated for 2019. The benefits and rates listed are for 2018 and based on number of full-time employees.
**New program for 2018.
^Retailers new to downtown receive their first year free and second year at 50% of the full rate.
Questions? Please contact Kathleen Louis, Director of Business Development, at 919.821.6972 or email@example.com.
First Friday Membership
Be a part of downtown’s monthly arts and cultural night-out! First Friday members host an artist or art-related event the first Friday of each month. First Friday restaurants and retailers provide discounts/specials. Members receive a First Friday flag, listing in the map and guides, listing on the First Friday website, and social media promotion. If interested in the annual membership, please contact Kathleen Louis, Director of Business Development, at 919.821.6972 or firstname.lastname@example.org.