First Night Raleigh 2014
PAST DATES AND TIMES
- Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Join us for First Night Raleigh—the annual celebration of art and the New Year in downtown Raleigh.
Schedule of Events:
Children's Celebration 2 pm-6 pm
People's Procession 6 pm
Early Countdown with Fireworks 7 pm
Evening Performances 7 pm-11:30 pm
Main Stage Performances 6 pm to 12 midnight
Fireworks and Acorn Drop at 12 midnight
Visit on Facebook:
Associated Street Closures:
Date and Time: event hours are 2 pm on Tuesday, December 31, 2013 until 12 am on January 1, 2014
1) In order to set up for The People's Procession Parade, the 00 block of Edenton will be closed from 9 am until 7 pm on December 31. The participants will assemble on the 00 block of Edenton St. beginning at 5:30 pm. At 6 pm they will proceed west on Edenton St., left onto Salisbury St., left onto Davie St., right onto Fayetteville St. to City Plaza where the group will disassemble. The parade will end by 6:30 pm.
2) Encumber the following designated parking spaces from 8 am on December 31 until 5 am on January 1.
A) All parking spaces on the 00 blocks of Davie St., Martin St., Hargett St., and South St. between Salisbury St. and S. Wilmington St.
B) The designated parking spaces on the north side of the 00 block of Edenton St. between Wilmington St. and Salisbury St.
C) The designated parking spaces on the south side of the 00 block of Jones St. between Wilmington St. and Salisbury St.
D) The designated parking spaces on the 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500 blocks of Fayetteville St.
E) Both City parking lots in the block bounded by Lenoir St., Salisbury St., South St., and Wilmington St., for the purposes of setting up for the fireworks display.
3) The following are the street closures:
A) The 100 and 200 blocks of Fayetteville St. and the 00 block of Hargett St. will be closed from 9 am on Monday, December 30 until 12 pm on January 1. The area will be utilized to set up a large ferris wheel.
B) Close the following streets and travel lanes from 6 am on December 31 until 12 noon on January 1.
a) The 300, 400, and 500 blocks of Fayetteville St. A traffic control officer who will assist with allowing access to the Marriott traffic circle.
b) The 00 blocks of Martin St. and Davie St.
c) The 00 blocks of Lenoir St. and South St. will be closed for approximately 30 minutes around 7 pm and again at 12 midnight during the fireworks displays.
d) All travel lanes of the 00 block of Morgan St. will be closed from 7 pm until 12 am on December 31 to facilitate the loading and unloading of passengers from carriage rides and pedestrian crossings.
4) Will encumber the following sidewalks within and adjacent to the event festivities from 6 am on December 31 until 5 am on January 1.
a) The south side sidewalk on the 00 and 100 block of W. Jones St.
b) All sidewalks on the 00 block of Edenton St.
c) All sidewalks on the 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500 blocks of Fayetteville St.
d) All sidewalks on the 00 blocks of Morgan St., Hargett St., Martin St., Davie St., Lenoir St., and South St.
The granting of these closures gives grantee sole and exclusive use of the designated areas, including the aforementioned sidewalks.