About the Market
The 2017 market seasons runs on Wednesdays from April 19 until October 11.
Created by Downtown Raleigh Alliance, the Raleigh Downtown Farmers Market strives to be a guiding force in shaping the environmental, social, and financial health of downtown by bringing the highest quality local growers and food artisans together to the Raleigh community. The farmers market contributes to the sustainability and success of downtown by serving as a community gathering place, a vehicle for a regional economy, and a center for fresh, local food.
The market aims to:
- Attract people to downtown Raleigh
- Be a small business incubator
- Keep local dollars local – creating and sustaining local regional jobs
- Educate the public about the nutritional and environmental benefits of eating locally grown food
- Be a hub for community gathering
- Increase access to healthy, fresh produce and locally-produced foods
- Support sustainable farms to preserve the North Carolina landscape
- Reduce our carbon footprint