Every Wednesday is an event in itself at the Raleigh Downtown Farmers Market! The Market is a center for community gathering, and each week our booth will feature a local nonprofit providing education about sustainability, agriculture, gardening, and more. In addition to our regular market activities, including weekly live music entertainment, we will have several special events throughout the season to showcase North Carolina’s agricultural bounty. Don't forget to connect with us on Facebook at Raleigh Downtown Farmers Market and follow us on Twitter @RalDTFarmersMkt for events, local food tips, and updates.
Wednesday, May 4: Carolina Kickoff
- We're kicking off the farmers market with a little help from the Pit Authentic Barbecue and Foothills Brewing Company. The Pit is serving $5 lunch sandwiches, while you sample some great North Carolina beer. Plus, we have live music from Dark Water Rising.
Wednesday, June 29: Cheese Please!
- Our annual grilled cheese competition returns for another year. Jimmy V's Osteria + Bar is putting their title on the line against Rye Bar & Southern Kitchen, Buku Raleigh, Linus and Pepper's, and P.G. Werth's! Whose grilled cheese will reign supreme? YOU get to decide! Sample the chefs' creations and vote for your favorite!
- This is a celebration of cheese, after all, so make sure you stop by the booths for The Hillsborough Cheese Company and Orrman's Cheese Shop.
- Buy a sandwich from American Meltdown while listening to live music from Urban Soil Trio.
- As always, local farmers, ranchers, nurserymen, bakers, cheese makers, and specialty foods producers well be selling their products at the Market
Wednesday, August 10: Honey Buzztival
- We're really buzzing this week as we celebrate local honey and local bee keepers. This is the perfect opportunity to shop and taste North Carolina honey and honey products, and see how hives work.
- Three of our regular vendors, including Hilltop Farms, Creekside Farm, and The Carolina Bee Company will be on-site selling locally-made honey products. Honey samples from each of the vendors will be available for Market-goers to taste different types of honey to decide on a favorite.
This week only, two special guests will vend at the Market:
Heaven Scent Honey sells a variety of products including soaps, candles, body lotions, and lip balms.
Beekeeper Steve Hildebrand will demonstrate how to make honey with a live beehive.
- Downtown Raleigh's Crank Arm Brewing will provide a beer tasting for this event, with live music from Matt Phillips Trio.
- Honey Buzztival falls just one week from Downtown Raleigh Restaurant Week, so we’ve invited downtown Raleigh chefs, including Chef Amanda Haisley from Buku, Chef Donaldo Guzman from Sitti, and Chef Joseph Yarnell from 18 Seaboard to come demonstrate how to prepare items they’ll be serving on their Restaurant Week menus. The chefs will serve samples of their dishes after each demonstration. Demonstrations run from 11:00 am - 1:15 pm
Wednesday, September 28: Bluegrass Breakdown
- We're reached the final Market of the season. To close the curtain, we are showcasing some top-notch bluegrass music, including Fireside Collective, winners of the Merlefest 2016 Band Competition, and the Ninth Street Ramblers. The full schedule is as follows:
- 10:15 am - 11:30 am: Ninth Street Ramblers
- 11:45 am - 1:45: Fireside Collective
- As another special treat for our final market, we will have The Pit Authentic Barbecue's truck on site, serving up fresh NC 'cue. Looking for something to wash that all down? Raleigh Brewing Company will be sampling a beer that was specially brewed for IBMA's Wide Open World of Bluegrass, "Dear ole Dixie." We’ll also have several special vendors, including PineconeNC and City of Raleigh Parks and Recreation.