The Annual Celebration of Cheese, August 14, 2013
Join us for Cheese Please!, a unique opportunity to experience North Carolina's delicious culinary cheese scene. From 10 am-2 pm at City Plaza, the Market will host an incredible local cheese festival to showcase a wide selection of the area's finest cheese and cheese makers.
CHEESE PLEASE! activities include:
- Grilled cheese cook-off featuring downtown Raleigh's noteworthy chefs from:
Buku, Busy Bee, Capital Club 16, Gravy, and Kimbap (with a $2 suggested donation to vote)
- Artisan cheese sampling from local vendors:
Cultured Cow, Hillsborough Cheese Co., and the Goat Lady
- Live music from The Morning Brigade produced by Hopscotch Music Festival
- Kids activities including a hula hoop contest for a chance to win four admission tickets to Marbles Kids Museum and CHEESE PLEASE! temporary tattoos
- Fresh produce, meats, and artisan baked goods
- Local lunch vendors
- Other contests and more!