Every Wednesday is an event in itself at the Raleigh Downtown Farmers Market! The Market is a center for community gathering, and each week our booth will feature a local nonprofit providing education about sustainability, agriculture, gardening, and more. In addition to our regular market activities, including weekly live music entertainment, we will have several special events throughout the season to showcase North Carolina’s agricultural bounty. Don't forget to connect with us on Facebook at Raleigh Downtown Farmers Market and follow us on Twitter @RalDTFarmersMkt for events, local food tips, and updates.
Wednesday, May 4: Carolina Kickoff
- We're kicking off the farmers market with a little help from the Pit Authentic Barbecue and Foothills Brewing Company. The Pit is serving $5 lunch sandwiches, while you sample some great North Carolina beer. Plus, we have live music from Dark Water Rising.
Wednesday, June 29: Cheese Please!
- Our annual grilled cheese competition returns for another year. Jimmy V's Osteria + Bar is putting their title on the line against Rye Bar & Southern Kitchen, Buku Raleigh, Linus and Pepper's, and P.G. Werth's! Whose grilled cheese will reign supreme? YOU get to decide! Sample the chefs' creations and vote for your favorite!
- This is a celebration of cheese, after all, so make sure you stop by the booths for The Hillsborough Cheese Company and Orrman's Cheese Shop.
- Buy a sandwich from American Meltdown while listening to live music from Urban Soil Trio.
- As always, local farmers, ranchers, nurserymen, bakers, cheese makers, and specialty foods producers well be selling their products at the Market
Wednesday, August 10: Honey Buzztival
- We're really buzzing this week as we celebrate local honey and local bee keepers. This is the perfect opportunity to shop and taste North Carolina honey and honey products, see how hives work, and better understand the importance of pollination. Downtown Raleigh's Crank Arm Brewing will provide a beer tasting for this event, with live music from Matt Phillips Trio.
Wednesday, September 28: Bluegrass Breakdown
- We're celebrating our final week of the season with the “Bluegrass Breakdown.” We've partnered with the International Bluegrass Music Association to bring you Fireside Collective and several other IBMA official showcase acts. As always, we’ll feature our regular rotation of more than 40 different local vendors. The market runs from 10am-2pm.”