Toyota Farm to Table Tour- July 21
Taste what happens when the best local chefs meet the best local farmers! The Raleigh Downtown Farmers Market is excited to announce that we have selected as a stop on the second annual Toyota Farm to Table Tour. The Tour will be at the market on July 21 between 10am and 2pm. At the event, nine of Raleigh's best chefs will team up with market farmers to create complimentary bite-sized tastings to share with market shoppers. We are proud to have been selected to team up with the Toyota Farm to Table Tour to help celebrate the farmers market and local eating during this special one-day event.
Taste the flavors as the area’s best chefs create and hand out delectable bite-size tastings that feature the market’s farm-fresh local ingredients. Participating restaurants include:
18 Seaboard- Jason Smith
Busy Bee Café- Jeremy Clayman
Coquette Brasserie- Ian Sullivan
Green Planet Catering- Christi Preddy
The Mint -Chris Hylton
Solas- Clifton Vogelsberg
Spize Café- Meechai Kowae
Watts Grocery- Amy Tornquist
Zely & Ritz- Sarig Agasi
11:15 am - 12:15 pm: Chris Hylton of The Mint + Wild Onion Farms
10:30 am - 11:30 am: Jeremy Clayman of Busy Bee Cafe + Southport Seafood Co./ Brickeet Maket and Ball Berries & Produce
- Listen to live music by American Aquarium programmed by Hopscotch Music Festival.
- Get a complimentary John Boos cutting board after test-driving Toyota's new 3rd Generation Prius or a 2009 Highlander Hybrid.
- Enter a Raffle to win a gift certificate for 2 tickets to the NC Symphony's 2010/2011 season at the Progress Energy Center for Performing Arts, value $100
- Receive a complimentary culinary herb after participating in some of the market day events. Visit the Toyota main tent for details.
- Bring the kids for a special veggie puppet show and veggie puppet making. Puppet show at 11:15 am.
Visit during the Tour for a market day to remember!