16 E. Martin St
Raleigh, NC 27601
General Hours of Operation: Mon-Tues (7am - 3pm), Wed-Fri (7am - 2am), Sat (4pm - 2am), Sun (6pm - 11pm)
Bittersweet is a terribly wonderful dessert, coffee, and cocktail lounge with an all-natural, seasonal menu. We are a place where you can get bourbon with your pie, champagne with your cake and Irish whiskey in your coffee.
The menu changes each season, with drink and dessert pairing specials offered regularly. We have a full coffee and espresso menu—everything from cappuccinos to pourovers—with beans from our pals over in Durham, Counter Culture Coffee.
Desserts are baked in-house by Kim Hammer of bittycakes. You’ll find her behind our bar plating tasty treats, next to our mad-skilled bartenders.
Bittersweet offers a seasonal cocktail menu, local beer and wine, especially bubbles—champagne, cava, presecco—the motto is “champagne saved is champagne wasted.”
Join us for dessert, drinks and late night banter—that’s right, we said banter and we meant it. We expect some magnificent banter.
Nearby Shop Downtown
- Republic Wireless - 17 E Martin St (122 feet NE)
- The Mahler Fine Art - 228 Fayetteville St (302 feet NW)
- Feelgoodz - 206 S Wilmington St (354 feet NE)
- Reliable Jewelry & Loan - 345 S Wilmington St (358 feet SE)
- City of Raleigh Museum - 220 Fayetteville St (412 feet NW)
- Raleigh Provisions - 107 E. Davie St (430 feet SE)
Nearby Restaurants & Dining
- ORO Restaurant & Lounge - 18 E Martin St (91 feet SE)
- The Mecca Restaurant - 13 E Martin St (121 feet NE)
- Carroll's Kitchen - 19 E. Martin Street (140 feet NE)
- Beasley's Chicken + Honey - 237 S Wilmington St (218 feet NE)
Nearby Parking Decks
- Moore Square Parking Deck* - 233 S Wilmington St (400 feet NE)
- Blount Street Deck* - 314 S Blount St (430 feet SE)
Nearby Parking Lots
- Gravel Lot at Wilmington and Martin - 104 E Martin St (211 feet SE)
- Salisbury Parking Lot - 400 S Salisbury St (691 feet SW)
Nearby R-LINE Stop Locations