Downtown Raleigh lies at the heart of the Triangle, the fastest growing metropolitan region in the Carolinas. For businesses, residents and visitors alike, downtown is the urban center of the region, an incredible place to live, work and play.
With a population of over 405,000, Raleigh is the second largest city in the Carolinas. It is also the fastest growing major city in the state, adding more than 10,000 residents annually. The rapidly expanding Raleigh metro area, with 1,235,000 residents, has more than doubled its population since 1970. Downtown Raleigh is comprised of 110 blocks, while the city of Raleigh covers 126 square miles.
Downtown Raleigh Alliance
Advancing the vitality of Downtown Raleigh for everyone.
1. Build a culture of authentic engagement and inclusion with Downtown’s diverse community.
2. Foster a thriving and diverse storefront economy.
3. Facilitate strategic partnerships to produce positive, balanced activations across Downtown.
4. Improve physical connectivity and accessibility within and around Downtown.
5. Position the DRA as reliable, responsive, representative, and mission-directed.
Municipal Services District (MSD) is a defined area where property owners assess themselves to receive enhanced services. The bulk of the funds generated by the MSD go to fund the safety ambassador program. Those funds also are leveraged by the organization in a variety of ways such as offering marketing and advertising campaigns to attract more customers to merchants in the district.