Invest In Downtown Raleigh
We welcome you to become part of downtown Raleigh’s renaissance; a mecca for residents, visitors, entertainment, and culture. Downtown Raleigh reports three billion dollars’ worth of investments in public and private sector projects have either been completed, are under construction, or are in the planning stages, including over $900 million of completions since 2008.
The State of the Downtown report, which shows the main market trends impacting the economy of downtown. The report is a useful guide for investors and the community to learn about the growth and success of downtown. (PDF version is in low resolution)
- Developments - Recently completed, under construction, and in the planning stages.
- Quarterly Economic Development Report - If you are interested in receiving quarterly updates regarding project announcements and street-level openings, email Bill King.
- Pedestrian count study - The Downtown Raleigh Alliance partnered with the City of Raleigh to have a downtown Pedestrian Count Study conducted during spring 2011. The study supports economic development programs and infrastructure planning initiatives in strategic areas.
- The Retail Market Analysis and Positioning Strategy - Provides a thorough report of the structure of the program, detail information about several consumer groups, as well as a "road map" of recommendations for implementing the program. The Downtown Raleigh Alliance is proudly spearheading a Retail Strategy and Implementation Program to meet its main goal; to develop a retail vision to support existing retailers and engage new retailers that will strategically position the core business district as a shopping destination.
- Planning Raleigh 2030 - The comprehensive plan is a major component of the planning process for the city as it guides the long-range, comprehensive decision making process involving primarily physical development and those city actions expected to influence development in the long-term. The comprehensive plan contains goals, objectives, policies and guidelines for growth and redevelopment for the city. Learn more about the process, policies, and actions being recommended for downtown Raleigh.